What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Los Angeles
You understand you need to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it supplies shelter for your family and is where you have all of your valuables. But what form of home security is right for you? Determining if you should utilize 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Los Angeles and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense links to an external monitoring team that is set to act at a moment’s notice. If a window sensor trips or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring professionals receive an alert instantaneously. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and contact the appropriate emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional backup. You might consider this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you need to act to remedy the situation. This possibility is the more affordable solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Los Angeles
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support in place is always smart. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without access to your phone, your property and its occupants will still be safeguarded.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll respond faster to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security might make you eligible for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Better tools and smooth integration: When you receive tools, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security expert, you will enjoy a cohesive system with devices that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless residents would rather have the install done by experienced technicians, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation may be acceptable for many as home security is something you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Los Angeles
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some could consider this a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an added fee. Other people may want to go with an experienced technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to integrate equipment when you wish - and from any manufacturer. However, you could find integrating into a seamless system more challenging.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your alarms. If a disaster takes place, you’re in charge of getting support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t see a security notification? This situation equates to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require assistance during the installation, you may have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Los Angeles
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Los Angeles from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the right option for your family. Dial (310) 421-1393 today to customize your package.