Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—a display that tells burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s security.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of features all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detection, these features empower you to get the most from home security cameras in Los Angeles.
How To Set Up Your Los Angeles Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is installing them in the right spots within your home. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great idea to have a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear view of your front door, drive, and yards, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your family should be a chief consideration before placing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need some type of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in extracting the all you can out of home security cameras in Los Angeles. The innovations shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your phone whenever abnormal activity is detected. You can also program cameras to start filming when activity is detected which will increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your video surveillance to record and save clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: The majority of modern security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone through the unit. Through ADT Control, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Check for cameras that provide at least 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to protect specific spots within your house.. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant notifications when the see unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Los Angeles is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (310) 421-1393 or fill out the form below to get started personalizing your home security system today.