Today's home security installations are becoming more capable every year. Even so, you may still neglect to do easy security duties like turning on your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you never had to concern yourself with these tasks again? When you implement geofencing in Los Angeles, you can simply leave the house and let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Los Angeles For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary a set distance from your property, which you can set up in your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to share information with each other. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You can institute specific boundaries on all sides of your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, when you pull away from your driveway, you can program your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Below are some of the devices you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in Los Angeles. With the ADT Control app, you are able to reap the benefits of smart home automation. Just tap a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart components to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to turn down to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment come alive based on another activity. Have your thermostat activate the fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting if your security camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to set your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Los Angeles
Whether you’re looking for extra reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (310) 421-1393 or send in the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.